Since school age I always wondered why I was named bodhini, infact I disliked my name for awhile. It created so much attention where ever I go because of the uniqueness and the rareness of it. Once I asked my Appachchi(Father) why he named me bodhini. According to him it's an indian name. He mentioned that there was a poem named Bodhini by Great Indian poet Kalidas . My sunday school "Pali" language teacher told me once that it sort of expressed the meaning of enlightenment in Sanskrit. (Yes, I studied Pali as a subject.)
So amidst all the studying, coughing and sneezing, I did a lil google search and found the meaning of my name (I've written my comments in brackets )
Your First Name of: Bodhini
- Although the name Bodhini creates the urge to be reliable and responsible, we emphasize that it limits self-expression and friendly congeniality with a moody disposition.
- Your first name of Bodhini has given you a rather quiet, reserved, serious, studious nature. ( if you say so :D )
- You have sensitivity and appreciation for the finer and deeper things of life, the beauties of nature, music, art, and literature. (may be)
- The people who mean the most to you are those who can offer you intellectual companionship. (for sure !)
- This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the heart, lungs, bronchial area, worry, and mental tension. (Another true fact, I hate sinuses and lungs, they r the origins of my miseries )
- It is only when you are among those who understand your deeper nature that you can really be yourself. (that is so true)
- The experience of having your remarks taken lightly or belittled, particularly during the early years of your life, has caused you to keep your thoughts and feelings to yourself.
- You do not express yourself spontaneously when conversing with others; hence other people may often regard you as being aloof, and even unfriendly. (Nah ... I'm usually a straight talking person who speaks out my mind)