Wednesday, 13 February 2008

Anti valentine's day !

Hospital corridors shops and streets,where ever I go, red hearts, roses and I luv you..s, Valentine's day decorations. Some of my fellow medda's are getting ready for parties and valentine's day balls etc. Most of them asked me to join.
but how can I enjoy while half of the nation is suffering.
How can I spend some few thousands just to buy a dress or to buy a present, or to have a dinner out ? while there are many kids working on fridays just to earn some cash for their school supplies. I've experienced such my self. There were times when I couldn't even enjoy a proper meal in a hotel or outside restaurant cause of the poor street children i used to see on my way in,so I prefer to be an anti valentine person than to explain the reality to them, came across some anti valentine's day cards, and sent them to some of my friends , hahaa just for the fun of it.
While reading Purnima's blog, a blog I visit everyday, I came across some love quotes. with all my hectic daily routine, I never had time to stop and think on this matter before.
Love , Is it just a feeling ? or a self satisfaction. May be its all about loving your self. Does any one( other than our parents), love a person or a thing , regardless of what he or she gets in return. I think at last it all ends with "loving your self" theory.
Some says its hard to explain, since it has different meanings, In an email I read the following explanations.
When a group of professionals posed the question, "What does love mean?" to a group of children between the ages of 4 and 8, they got answers that were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined.

"Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs."

"Love is when someone hurts you. And you get so mad but you don't yell at them because you know it would hurt their feelings."

"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired."

"Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him to make sure the taste is OK."

"When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love."

For me everyday is a day filled with love. but some times its blended with tears, cheers , sorrows and happiness. Life is simple over here.

5 comments:

Hakim said...

In with you on this sister! It's crazy what people spend and do for just a day, love should be always and forever. It is sad that people are so stupid to get caught up in this commercial fraud. 50% of the time it will be a different valentine on 14th Feb 2009.

samanalee said...

"Love is when someone hurts you. And you get so mad but you don't yell at them because you know it would hurt their feelings."

one of my all time favorite quotes... :)

Purnima said...

I too agree with you Bo, though iam not a strict anti-valentine.
There's no harm in expressing love with anything she/he likes, but i think, for that a special day is not so necessary. When love is so true, it doesnt need expensive items like chocolates, and gifts to be expressive, it could find its own way of expression..

Half Doctor said...

Valentine's Day
Is just another way,
To make "I love you"
Easy to say.

Or Whateverrr!!

"ci" said...

Sis!!!
Cant agree with dis..Its hard to find an ordinary person in dis world now..nearly 99.9999% are machines.. they work as a clock works...No feelings at all....Just EAT,SLEEP,WORK... EAT, SLEEP, WORK..... No time for a normal life.. For children, family, friends etc.. So I'm happy, at least there is a one day for them to celebrate their love....
I know most of you might not agree with this.. But this is how I see The Valentines day...

Wondering how u find spare time for ya writing & drawing stuff... :) :)
Wish u all the very best .....